Thursday, March 8, 2018

Streaming Feelers

So, I'm sure the vast majority of you are aware of that epic Strongholds & Streaming kickstarter. With a couple days to go, it's up over 1.8 million dollars. 

Since my self-publishing efforts will be sidelined for at least a year, starting July 1st, (due to time and financial concerns) I've been thinking about streaming my own weekly games this summer.

I wouldn't be able to put too much energy into this (outside of running the actual game); otherwise the wife isn't going to let me pursue this, either.  However, I'm hoping with a minimum of additional fuss, I could provide an awesome stream of gaming for the viewing public.

Though, I would love to run my own games, especially Alpha Blue or Crimson Dragon Slayer, I've got to put financial needs above my own vanity.  Therefore, I'd be running Dungeons & Dragons - however, it'll be old school, using a wide variety of home-brewed and OSR/O5R content, as well as, adhering to a plethora of vintage aesthetics, play styles, and GMing techniques. 

Hopefully, this would do double or triple-duty - providing a fun, creative outlet for others to watch while teaching gamers how D&D 5e can be played in a more Basic D&D fashion.  Plus, a little extra financial security wouldn't hurt.

Let me know what you think!  If I can convince my wife (who has our family's best interests at heart) that streaming is where it's at, there might be a new KS next month...

Meanwhile, I've been making videos on my YouTube channel and trying to post more RPG related stuff on twitter @VengerSatanis in an effort to keep from going broke while not totally selling out to The Man.

Thanks for your continued support,

Venger As'Nas Satanis
High Priest of Kort'thalis Publishing


No comments:

Post a Comment